Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable iCloud on el Capitan, particularly in iTunes?

Whenever I open iTunes, I get a pop up box asking me to sign in. If I choose "cancel", it comes back after a while, and if I do sign in, it also comes back after a while, to tell me my session is over and I need to sign in again... It’s really annoying.

Anyone know how to disable it completely, or at least in iTunes?

Many thanks!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 3.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 24"

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:42 PM

Click on your name towards the top right corner of the iTunes window and 'Sign Out'

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 1:02 PM in response to dndn

Are you getting a password request for iTunes or iCloud?

If iCloud, go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned from Kurt Lang

how to disable iCloud on el Capitan, particularly in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.