Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant add mp4 videos to itunes anymore

I have been adding my mp4 videos to iTunes fine all day by dragging and dropping them to iTunes. They were then going to home videos so I moved them to movies. Now when I try and add more video files they aren't appearing anywhere in the library not in movies or home videos. I have not changed any settings on the laptop or iTunes and am using up to date versions of both. I don't get why it was working one minute and now it's stopped all of a sudden.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Toshiba laptop-OTHER, Windows 10, Windows 10 and latest iTunes being

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:49 AM

11 replies

Feb 6, 2017 12:24 PM in response to SunleyJr

Previously i was able to import a video file (MP4 format) and watchnit using the TV app. Now when I start the TV app, I find I an internet connection is required. (At least that is the message I get). ***? What do I use to watch an mo4 file that is on my phone's hard drive? The file coding, frame rate etc is not the issue. What native iPhone app do I use?

Feb 7, 2016 3:55 AM in response to SunleyJr

The mp4 container might be the same, but there could be differences in the encoding scheme. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14 for some background. Otherwise I've no idea what the issue might be. You can try dropping a copy of one of the files in <Media Folder>\Automatically Add to iTunes. If iTunes rejects the file it will be moved into a Not Added folder. It won't tell you why, but at least you'll know it isn't hiding it somewhere else in the library.

tt2

Cant add mp4 videos to itunes anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.