Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic trackpad keeps locking up…any advice?

I am not sure what's going on with my Magic trackpad "mouse" but it keeps locking up. I usually notice the lock up when my computer is "asleep". When I wake up my iMac, the cursor moves around for a second or two then freezes. In order for me to get it working again, I usually have to turn off the trackpad then turn it back on again to regain connection. Last week, I noticed the same issue but with my Apple wireless keyboard. Not sure if this is a Bluetooth issue or what. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:08 AM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2016 3:22 AM in response to DVX100Shooter

My experience was that this issue appeared when I updated my iMac from Snow Leopard to Marvicks. Upgrading to Yosemite helped, but did not cure. El Capitan cured it. I suspect it was caused by interference. I found I could make it happen less frequently keeping my mobile phone further away and/or re-pairing the pad and computer.

C.

Magic trackpad keeps locking up…any advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.