Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Activation

Hello guys,

I would like to seek help. I bought this iPhone 4S from a woman, while I was using it in front of her it was working fine and even showed me that she has removed her iCloud account from the Phone and sold it to me. Now when I was trying to update it to iOS 9.2.1 firmware, it got locked by it seems to be her iCloud. Now I can't contact her. Is there any possible way I could restore or at least retrieve the email she used on her iPhone so that I could at least try to contact her through email or through iCloud and ask if she could remove this iPhone from her iCloud account? If the worst possible situation may occur, like if she has reported this iPhone stolen/lost even though she has sold it to me, is there any way for this to be restored?

Model A1387

EMC 2430

FCC ID: BCG-E2430A

IC: 579C-E2430A

Thanks in advance,

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1, I bought this iPhone from someone

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 3:18 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 4:27 AM in response to Koliw

Unfortunately, you cannot do very much with your phone unless you get assistance from the previous owner, they should either provide you with the password to unlock it or remove their account from the phone entirely remotely through iCloud.com > Find My Phone.

If you aren't able to get assistance from the owner and are unable to get a refund for your purchase, please dispose of the device responsibly by sending it for recycling.

iCloud Activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.