Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's a Windows on my Mac?

At first, i was running bcdboot on command prompt (Windows) to repair my Windows on external harddisk, but i think the Windows CD doesnt recognize my external HDD, and i think the boot files copied to somewhere. So when i press alt+power button, there's 2 option : Macintosh and Windows, but the Windows doesnt boot, it just get crashed. How to remove the Windows thingy? Thx guys

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:50 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 2:02 AM in response to hutahaean

Hi,

It is quite difficult to understand how you're set up and what you want to do...

"i was running bcd boot on command prompt (Windows) to repair my Windows on external hard disk" : If I understand correctly, you have Windows installed on an external Drive, which isn't booting correctly from a PC, and you are trying to solve this issue from a Mac.

Your Windows external drive installation will not boot from a Mac because you need to additionally install Bootcamp drivers.

If you have installed Windows on your internal storage and want to remove it, please follow these instructions : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17861

James

Feb 8, 2016 3:23 AM in response to Japib

Hello sorry for making you confused. I have a harddisk, which i installed Windows 8.1 (UEFI) on it. Somehow the Windows got broken, and then i used an external dvd drive and inserted Windows CD on it for repairing purpose. I booted from the CD, and type bcdboot command so the CD will copy important boot files to Windows. But then, i discovered that the CD doesn't recognize the harddisk (Which i installed Windows), instead the boot files copied to somewhere in the main SSD (where the Mac OSX is on it). Now, there is always an option to boot to Windows (but it is not functioning, just keep crashing).

There's a Windows on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.