Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No more access after Windows installation

Hi there. I hope you can help me here. I installed Windows 8.1 via boot camp on my 2013 Macbook Air. After using it for a day, I got a lot of malware and deinstalled it via bootcamp again. The harddrive got its old partition sheme.

After that I wanted to install Win 8.1 again. So I gave it another shot, got into Windows installer after partitioning the HDD again. I deleted all other partions there, accept the 71 GB Mac partition.

After complete installation of Windows, I cannot boot into Mac via holding ALT at bootup. And in Recovery mode with command R it gives me an error, when checking the harddrive, that the EFI partition is missing. I should partition and install everything again, it tells me.

I don't have any Time Machine backup. So how can I access my MAC OS X or my files in there? Is it possible to recover everything, without completely formatting?

EDIT: I just made a backup image from the MAC partition. Can I partition everything new and then just recover the partition onto the newly built one?

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:09 AM

2 replies

No more access after Windows installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.