Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My trackpad cursor jumps all around and zooms inPle

MY track jump around everywhere and zooms in and Doo all kind of multi gesture pleas help me to fix this

MacBook5,2, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:30 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 11:52 AM in response to nizam

It is most likely a swelling battery putting pressure onto the touchpad. Symptoms are that pressing down the touchpad is harder or not possible anymore.

So at some point you have to replace your battery.

I get this "mouse cursor jumping around" when the lid is closed (and external monitor/keyboard/mouse are connected). Workaround is to slightly open lid that the laptop display is still switched off. Also a reboot seems to help but this is wasting too much time.

Regarding "only old MBP have this problem": My MBP 15 Retina 2013 and a MBP 17 mid 2009 have the same issue. For the lMBP 15 Retina 2013 this means you have to replace the upper lid (including keyboard, touchpad and battery) since the battery is glued with a very adhesive tape ...

My trackpad cursor jumps all around and zooms inPle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.