Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep/wake button not working, but screenshot and power off functions still work

I just recently updated my ipad 2 64gb wifi to ios 9.2.1 and when it powered on i noticed the top sleep/wake button would not turn off the screen. After some research i turned on the assistive touch and even when i try to lock the screen from that it wont lock. I have also tried to return to ios 8 but was unsuccessful.

need help tired of wait for the 2 min lock.

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:34 AM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2016 5:19 AM in response to Jwillly

I'm having a similar issue on a 5C with 9.2.1

I managed to force a restart somehow, but the problem still persists.

Power button

As a button, it works fine, iOS registers it being pressed, no problem there.

The issue is that it's no longer tied to the following functions:
Press - Lock screen
Hold - Power off

Instead this is what it does
From screen being off, Press - Wake screen and take screenshot

From screen unlocked, Tap x2 - Open multitask

Feb 12, 2016 5:21 AM in response to jason269

My iPad (4th gen) had a problem with internal Camera connection... iPad "Camera app" and "Photo Booth" not work and hangs.... But iPad FaceTime camera work... I tried restore many times but in vain... It appeares when I update from iOS 7.1.2 (My iPad Camera app work good in iOS 7.1.2) to iOS 8.0, current version iOS 9.2.1 but no change... My iPad "Camera app" and "Photo Booth" not work and hangs since September 2014 (iOS 8.0)... What can I do, please help...

Sleep/wake button not working, but screenshot and power off functions still work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.