Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with folder to playlist

Hi

I have recently began using iTunes and have been transferring my folders with music in them to playlists in iTunes using the method by Meg St._Clair in this forum...

Import from folders into playlists

Its been working well except some times 1 song does not get transferred to the playlist. I have no idea which song it is because I have large amounts of music and struggle to find it.

Please could someone assist me in this matter.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1, iTunes

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:21 AM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 7:06 AM in response to swaprin

I'm afraid you are going to have to diagnose which files are not being added. It means a song is not in a valid format for iTunes or is a damaged file. Sometimes they will not end up where you expect them to be because it may not contain track information but it will still end up in the playlist somewhere.

Feb 7, 2016 8:39 PM in response to swaprin

It's up to you which is easiest and fastest for this situation.

1) Look at your playlist. Look at your folder. Visually compare.

1.2) Select subsets of your main folder and add those to a new playlist. Check counts until you find where you are short then look at that subset

2) There is a script on the Dougscripts web site called Files Not Added or something like that. However, it may only search your Media folder not a specified folder. You check it out.

Help with folder to playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.