Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble resetting Apple ID password

hi,

I got my mom a Iphone 6 and created different Apple ID to use for her phone. For her convenience, no passcode is setup. After about 6 months of use without issue, today her phone suddenly is locked and asked for passcode to use it. Of course no password I try is correct one. After verifying that one can use iCloud to enable passcode on device that has no passcode, I thought someone might have used this method to lock my mom's phone and it seems to be true because I can't access to that iCloud account anymore. When trying to reset that icloud account password, I am presented with this information:

Select how you want to reset your password:

Choose from the options below to reset the password for myemailaddress@gmail.com

We will send instructions to your email address ending in

Answer the question(s) you chose when you created your Apple ID.

Why is it that my Apple ID is gmail account but Apple wants to send instructions to an e-mail address at yahoo.com?

As I already tried to answer security questions option without success, getting instruction to my email is the only option I can use to recover my account password. What should I do to get back my iclould account if it has been hacked?

Thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:07 AM

1 reply

Trouble resetting Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.