Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes separating artist for each song from same artist

This is something that's been bothering me for a while. After adding some Radiohead songs to the collection, it wouldn't put them into the same artist section. This happens an awful lot. So I figured, any other time this happens, I just remove the artist and album artist name for all songs under that artist and usually that works.

Not this time. Instead, what it's done is split the artist for every single song. Weirdly enough, if I go to the album view, every song is where it should be. I've tried re-entering sorting and grouping information, but nothing seems to work.

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:20 AM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 1:33 PM in response to winningbagoafx

Hello winningbagoafx,

I understand that iTunes is failing to properly group a number of songs together under the same artist. The article linked below, while written for a slightly different situation, details information that can also be applied to a similar situation involving the artist rather than the album.

Why aren‘t songs with the same album art grouped together?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204538

All my best.

iTunes separating artist for each song from same artist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.