Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iTunes for Windows. (1) dark screen

I have just downloaded iTunes on my new PC
Win 10. I first inserted backup files from old PC (iTunes
music/libraries, etc.). When opening the iTunes I do not find the 40 GB
of old files. I tries Edit/Preferences/advanced Tab, I changed the location of
the iTunes Music to the D drive and located the iTunes music. I still do not
see the songs. I only see songs that I had bought from the iCloud. In addition
when I want to turn off iTunes, it does not let me and I receive a pop up with
a message that other appplications are using the iTunes. Also when I turn on
iTunes in Apple Store to see CDs or Films, I see only highlights of films in
Movies but not all movies pictures. Also in Music in Store I only see black
screen and not the albums. Any Idea? On my PC there is a bonjor printer
in addition to Bonjor iTunes

In addition when I want to find movies under iTunes Store, I only see the movies
at the upper screen - those whom Apple suggest as promo but I see no pictures
of all movies as I used to see and instead I see a black screen. When I
doble click on the black screen I see a promo for a specific movie...

The same is with music. When i go to iTunes Store under music, I only see pictures at the upper screen of the iTunes
software but below all the screen is black.

When I move to "my music" I see all my songs downloaded from cloud but I do not find the iTune files with nearly 40GB
of songs which I downloaded in another drive of the PC, although I chnged the
drive as I described in my previous question. Please assist. Thank.

Windows 10

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:26 AM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 1:39 PM in response to shechtes

Hi shechtes,

I understand that you've restored a backup of your iTunes library from your old computer, but are unable to get iTunes to recognize the data. In addition to this, you're not getting a full, proper view of the iTunes Store.

As for getting iTunes to recognize and load the restored library, you'll likely need to point iTunes to the new library by holding the Shift key on the keyboard while opening iTunes, then selecting the library in the location that you restored it to.

1. If iTunes is running, quit iTunes.
  2. Hold down the Shift key. Then, from the Start menu, choose All Programs > iTunes > iTunes.
  3. You'll see a message that says Choose iTunes Library. Depending on what you want to do, choose Choose Library or Create Library.

Open a different iTunes Library file or create a new one
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201596

Regarding the partially loaded iTunes Store, the article linked below details a number of troubleshooting steps that can help restore your computer's ability to properly communicate with the iTunes and App Stores.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400

All my best.

Feb 9, 2016 8:01 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thank you very much for the input.

I have corrected the link between the iTunes music folder and the iTunes for windows and it works (the finding of songs, etc.) The only problem is still with the iTunes software itself. I found that when I do not open the iTunes for the enrire windows screen, I do see all items in iTunes store (in Music- all records and in Movies- all the movies), but when I open the software in the max. appearance to whole the screen, I only see the upper iTunes store screen (only the movies suested by iTunes - only the upper most line of the software and the rest of the iTunes screen becomes black and also in iTumes store/music only the upper line and the rest of the screen becomes black. When I reduce the size of the iTunes in the Windows, then I can see all the details in the iTunes store (music or movies).

Why is this??? This is a new Dell XPS desktop computer with Windows 10 and 24 inch screen with excellent resolution.

Can you assist?

Thanks

Problems with iTunes for Windows. (1) dark screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.