Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Rotation.

MY wife has a new i phone 6s +. When you select a new message in the message app the screen will not rotate to the horizontal position. yet the screen will rotate in other apps including when you select a new email. Rang Apple Support and they could not fix it. Any idea anybody?

Graham J

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:33 PM

Hey there Graham,

If I understand correctly, the Messages app isn't rotating on your wife's iPhone 6s Plus. If you haven't already, try running through the general app troubleshooting tips in the article linked below.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.

If the Messages rotation issue persists, try restoring the iPhone as described here:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

So long.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 1:33 PM in response to Grajor

Hey there Graham,

If I understand correctly, the Messages app isn't rotating on your wife's iPhone 6s Plus. If you haven't already, try running through the general app troubleshooting tips in the article linked below.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.

If the Messages rotation issue persists, try restoring the iPhone as described here:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

So long.

Screen Rotation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.