Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send or receive messages on Mac and Text Message Forwarding isn't working

Recently, my Mac stopped sending and receiving messages so I went on my iPhone to make sure send & receive wasn't changed and then I went to Text Message Forwarding and went I turn my Macbook Air to send and receive texts I need to enter a code onto my phone that will come up on my Mac but no code does. How do I fix this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 6:06 AM

in order to force the code to appear on my devices, I had to disconnect all devices from iMessage and FaceTime, change the names of both of the devices, and connect back again, starting with the iPhone. It should work for you too.

James

1 reply

Cannot send or receive messages on Mac and Text Message Forwarding isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.