Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Mac is useless when stolen MacBook

Two days ago I stole my MacBook Pro retina 13 and the option for blocking and notice of Find My Mac is active at night. My disappointment comes when Apple does not provide me the IP to be submitted to the police and they can check the house of the thief. Why Apple not provide me the information that I need to inform the police if Apple have my consent to locate my computer? It is desperate to be at the door of the house of the thief and not do anything. I am very disappointed with the service offered by Apple in this case.

What else can I do to get my MacBook? The serial number of my stolen MacBook is C0******H00

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:54 AM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2016 4:57 AM in response to oscartoro

"Why Apple not provide me the information that I need to inform the police" : Because Apple needs an official warrant from the Police to transmit such sensitive information. " I am very disappointed with the service offered by Apple in this case." : You agreed to such terms of service when you started using the device. You need to ask the police that they ask apple for the IP of the internet connection.

James

Feb 7, 2016 5:12 AM in response to Japib

Sensitive information is the IP address? The police say me that the only channel to ask to Apple is an email address, with slow response time... And yes I have accepted the terms of service, but this is no excuse for when the service is necessary, it is not useful. Apple does not indicate in advertising this service works in case of loss or theft, as thieves, unfortunately, are not in the street playing with the MacBook ...😠

Find My Mac is useless when stolen MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.