Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after the update my iPhone 5s is screwed up

It nagged me for weeks to update and once I did it totally screwed up my phone. First it froze had to take it to get fixed. After they finally got it unfrozen the screen goes blue and turns off. I have toforce shut down twice so it reboots

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 5:31 AM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 5:40 AM in response to eddiemac58

eddiemac58 wrote:

It nagged me for weeks to update and once I did it totally screwed up my phone. First it froze had to take it to get fixed. After they finally got it unfrozen the screen goes blue and turns off. I have toforce shut down twice so it reboots

Who "fixed" and it? How did they fix it? What did they suggest moving forward? Was the phone restored to factory settings?

Feb 7, 2016 1:44 PM in response to eddiemac58

I'm not doubting that the phone went funky after the update, I'm just not sure that the update caused it. I don't mean to be cynical, but it's possible that the "expert" made matters worse.

I was getting the BSOD on my iPhone 5S only two or three months after I bought it. It turned out to be an Accessibilty setting that was causing the blue screen crash and the phone to reboot when I would try to access any of the help sections in all three iWorks apps, Pages, Numbers and Keynote. When I turned that setting off, everything was fine.

My anecdotal experience doesn't help you at all. I'm merely trying to say that there could be any number of reasons why the phone is crashing that have nothing to do with the update at all.

after the update my iPhone 5s is screwed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.