Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happened to my iPhoto pictures?

I recently had to upgrade my safari and in doing so I lost ALL of my iPhotos which I need and am in panic about...this was not a seamless upgrade and my computer has been slow ever since plus I lost all of my pictures...please help!

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:49 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:54 AM in response to SandraGarratt

Sorry, but Safari has zero to do with photos, so we are going to need specific information about what you did, and what you are seeing now.

What kind of Mac? What OS X? What do you mean by it was not a seamless upgrade?

Where are you looking for your photos? What Photos app are you using (iPhoto or Photos)? If you are running OS X Yosemite or higher, are you using iCloud Photo Library?

Take your time and provide us with all of the information you can so we can see if we can help.

Cheers,

GB

Feb 7, 2016 11:39 AM in response to SandraGarratt

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what system are you running?
  • Or are you running the new Photos app?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any system updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Feb 7, 2016 3:15 PM in response to SandraGarratt

I recently had to upgrade my safari and in doing so I lost ALL of my iPhotos

Are you still there, Sandra?

Then tell us more about the upgrade you have done, how you stored your photos, what OT and GAil asked. If you need help to find the answers to the questions, ask back.

But we cannot help, if we do not know anything about your Mac.

what happened to my iPhoto pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.