Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ip address

I would like to know why since a while, we cannot connect any of our I-Pad, phone, Wii, etc to the TC unless I enter manually an IP address, DNS and router info.

Thank you.

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:34 PM

Because the TC is running the wrong mode or has DHCP server for the LAN side turned off.

Reset the TC to factory and redo its setup.

If you still have issues tell us what modem you have make and model please?

And all the other stuff in the network?

Then tell make which model of the TC and a few screenshots of its setup.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 12:34 PM in response to sonya_mayacom

Because the TC is running the wrong mode or has DHCP server for the LAN side turned off.

Reset the TC to factory and redo its setup.

If you still have issues tell us what modem you have make and model please?

And all the other stuff in the network?

Then tell make which model of the TC and a few screenshots of its setup.

Feb 7, 2016 12:36 PM in response to LaPastenague

If I do a factory reset, does it erase what we have on the hard disk?

I have to work with the bridge mode with our satellite internet service. It was working fine until couple weeks ago and I didn't change anything. We have a small modern that is only a small box with one entry and one output, no name on it. Nothing else.

I did install two weeks ago an internet range extension. The Belkin one. I turned it off since two days to see if this had some interference or not.

Nothing else. We work on Mac Pro, I Mac, I-phone, I-Pod and I-Pad. We do have some connection for the Wii.

Our TC 2TB is a refurbished that we bought about 6 month ago.

Thx!

Feb 7, 2016 1:58 PM in response to sonya_mayacom

If I do a factory reset, does it erase what we have on the hard disk?

No, any reset of the TC, soft, hard or factory affects the router settings only.. no files are ever deleted without your express wish to delete them.

I have to work with the bridge mode with our satellite internet service.

Ah.. satellite service. Always a problem.

They do not give you a public IP.. the majority of them are cheap skates and give people private IP in the 10.x.x.x range which is problematic on the TC.

Please check the IP in the airport utility.

And you cannot use the TC in bridge.. sorry but this is wrong.. you must use double NAT. for which you will get an error but it is still required to run multiple devices.. otherwise your experience is correct.. only one device can connect at a time.

So in your airport utility click the TC.. and look at what IP address you get.. that is the WAN IP.

It makes life so much easier if you do post a screenshot.. I have shown you mine.. there is nothing here that can allow you any access to my system.. and even having the serial number is useless.. you can blot it out via edit in preview if you are worried.

If that wan address is 10.x.x.x please go to the Edit.. and then the Network Tab, Change the TC to be router, ie NAT and DHCP.. Then to to Network options and change the IP range of the TC to 192.168.1.x

Thusly.. Don't worry about my strange IP range.

User uploaded file

Go to network options.

User uploaded file

If it is 10.x.x.x click on the DHCP range and change it to 192.168.

User uploaded file

The TC will take the first address in the range.. ie from default it will be 192.168.1.1 and the range will be 2-200

Now you can save and then update the TC..

A flashing amber will appear and it will give you a double NAT fault.

Open the summary page again.. click on the fault under status and choose to ignore it.

Again my screenshots are of a different issue but showing you where to find things.

User uploaded file

That doesn't fix the fault.. but it will make the TC happy and green..

There is no way to fix the fault because Satellite ISP do not provide you true public IP.

<Images Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Feb 7, 2016 2:52 PM in response to LaPastenague

I will try this. Let me tell you that when I got the TC, I was on the phone for two days (2 or 3 hours in total) with Apple technician. I was not able to connect.. we then realize that we needed to be in bridge mode.

Let me tell you what my service is exactly if I'm able to explain. Well, here the website: http://www.iteract.ca/?lg=en&page=hiw

Here are some screen shoot:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

ip address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.