Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using two Apple's Magic Trackpad 2 simultaneously

Hi,

I just wanted to know, if it is possible to use two Apple Magic Trackpad 2 simultaneously? I'm using Macbook Pro with Retina, Early 2015.

For those of you who wonder why on earth that I would like to use two trackpads at the same time, well, I am a doctoral researcher who has massive pdf documents library (journal articles, e-books, reports, webpages, etc.) in my computer. I found myself scrolling hundreds of pdf documents everyday for research. It is such a pleasure to use trackpad for this purpose because it is very precise and it feels natural. I have stopped using any kind of mouse since last year due to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I don't use the in-built Macbook's trackpad because it makes my hand to bend in awkward position and it's very uncomfortable. Besides, I also use laptop stand and my Macbook's display is positioned on the same level as my eyes.

I would like to have a second trackpad because I usually use both hands to scroll documents, and I don't want to move the trackpad around since I also have Apple Keyboard right in the middle. So, one trackpad for each hand. It's all about workspace ergonomics.

As of now, I already have one trackpad connected to my Mac. And will the second trackpad if connected, also has its own battery status in trackpad's system preferences?

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:12 AM

You will almost certainly find they will interfere with one another.

2 replies

Using two Apple's Magic Trackpad 2 simultaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.