Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Apps in Itunes !!

hello, I have a question about my apps on my iPhone and in the library in Itunes.

there are no Apps in my library.

I did Authorise my computer!

i did

File > Devices > Transfer purchases from "<Device>".

still NONE. 0 Apps on my library

questions

1- how can I make it if I install app whether on my iPhone or Itunes both be installed?

2- if I do a backup now in Itunes will my apps be backed up or no?

Please help me.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 7:29 AM

13 replies

Feb 7, 2016 7:57 AM in response to Community User

A feature introduced with iOS 9 referred to as app thinning or app slicing allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device, resulting in smaller downloads and better use of storage on the device. As a consequence the device no longer holds the universal version of the app that could be installed on any device so transferring apps is no longer supported. Hopefully Apple will make some changes to the way this works, but in the meantime you can download past purchases from iTunes and/or enable automatic downloads of app purchases to make sure that iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. As long as you make sure all apps are present and updated in iTunes before attempting a restore there should be no loss of data. I can't confirm, but it seems a recent update means that all data is restored and apps that are not in the library are queued for download from the iTunes Store over Wi-Fi, in a similar fashion to the way restore from iCloud works.

If you're trying to manage your device with a new computer and haven't properly transferred the library from the old one see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

tt2

Feb 7, 2016 3:39 PM in response to turingtest2

that is sad 😝

I need to be fully backed up with all its data and app.

Because when I tried in some in-app purchase it won't restore it is a waste of money.

I must find a way to back up all my apps and its data.

because if its re-downloaded through air it would be like a new app, that is unacceptable to me.

my Apps in Itunes !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.