Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot set iCloud as default account for contacts

I am following all the suggestions on Get help using iCloud Contacts - Apple Support but my iOS settings won't allow me to select iCloud as my default account for contacts. iCloud was my default account in the past. I disabled and re-enabled iCloud it to solve some synchronisation issues. And now my iPhone allows me to select my Exchange account from work and "On My iPhone", but not iCloud. Why?

And how do I solve it?

This is the advice on Get help using iCloud Contacts - Apple Support:

If your device uses multiple accounts like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, make sure that iCloud is your default Contacts account:

Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

In the Contacts section, tap Default Account.

Make sure iCloud is selected.

These are my iCloud settings, proving that I have one and Contacts are enabled:

User uploaded file

And these are my Contacts Default Account options, proving that my iPhone won't allow me to select iCloud as my default account for Contacts:

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:11 AM

There are no replies.

Cannot set iCloud as default account for contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.