Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consolidated files?

we have a typical workflow/archiving process for our data, but for some reason our libraries are much bigger than they were previously.

After an episode is completed, we typically dump the render files from the library, and it reduces the library size down to about 500mb.

For our current episode, the library is about 200G after the render files are deleted. I noticed that all the used media is copied to the Media>Original Media folder within the library. It never did this before.

I wonder if I checked a Consolidate option somewhere that's now cause FCP to do this?

1) How do I un do this?

2) Can I safely delete the media in the original media folder and reconnect them to our master files? (which are in a different dir)

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 6:47 PM in response to Steven Galvano

It sounds as though you need to modify your library from Managed Media to External Media. (I would imagine your other, relatively slim libraries are set up to link to external media.) Why this one came out different, I don't know. Perhaps, as you suggested, the library started out with symlinks to external media, and then someone used the Consolidate,

Anyway, rather than write out a lot of steps (and possibly skip something important) here is a link that explains the process.

Good luck.

Russ

Consolidated files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.