Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp support software causes Windows 10 error

I recently purchased an iMac from Apple online. I used bootcamp to partition the drive and install Windows 10. I had a number of problems with the keyboard and mouse and discovered that the bootcamp support software was not installed for some reason. I followed directions found here for downloading the bootcamp support software:

If you don't see some features of your Mac in Windows - Apple Support

Next I installed the software on Windows 10 and rebooted when asked to do so. Upon reboot Windows shows the "Automatic Repair" screen and complains that my "PC did not start correctly". I am allowed to Restart or go into Advanced Options. Restarting seems to eventually get me back to a working state, but without the bootcamp support software it seems.

This is consistently reproduceable. I've gone through the same steps 3 or 4 times now and always get the same result.

How can I get the right drivers installed under Windows 10 so that my mouse and keyboard behave properly? How can I install the bootcamp support software so that I have a tray icon which can be used to boot back into OSX?

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Windows 10

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 8:44 AM

3 replies

Bootcamp support software causes Windows 10 error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.