Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Utility doesn't find my Time Capsule

I bought a 2GB Time Capsule and am trying to install it. I'm on a MacBookAir running OS X 10.8.5. I hooked the TC to my modem via Ethernet cable. Green lamp of TC is on. When trying to setup the TC via AirPort utility (6.3.1) I get the following a screen with green dot in front of internet but a not below stating: No configured AirPort base stations have been found. AirPort Utility will continue searching.

Thought I'd wait for a while but after minutes, the situation persists. Tried rebooting the TC. Still the same. How to get it to work? Thanks much!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:27 AM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2016 9:34 AM in response to Baloo_bear

Is the 2 TB Time Capsule new or used?

We ask because a new Time Capsule with factory default settings will display a slow, blinking amber light status. It will not display a green light until it has been set up and configured by the AirPort setup utility or "wizard".

A used Time Capsule might display a green light if it has not been reset back to factory default settings. But, it will never show up in AirPort Utility, so it will need to be reset back to factory defaults first, then set up again.

AirPort Utility doesn't find my Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.