Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to 9.2.1 and now I can't receive Sms

I updated my iPhone yesterday and suddenly, I can't receive sms but I can get iMessage. I have a son traveling internationally and he sends sms so I need urgent help! And I'm told it's too late to downgrade

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 9:53 AM in response to merrifromorange park

Are you testing by sending messages from a non iOS device? It's the best way to take iMessage out of the equation.

Some SMS's use the 'APN settings' as far as I recall (I think it is the 'multimedia messages', e.g. ones with additional attachments), if that is incorrect you may need to consult your carrier & re-enter the appropriate settings. Does Cellular data work for you?

About cellular data network settings on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Try searching the help forums or support for your carrier with the term 'APN settings'.

Obviously reboot your device if you haven't done so already incase it is just an intermittent issue after the update.

Feb 7, 2016 10:34 AM in response to merrifromorange park

merrifromorange park wrote:

Nothing changed in 5 weeks except I upgraded by phone.

An iOS upgrade can be a major change to the installed software, I have had to re-enter APN settings when applying some iOS updates.

If you and your husband use similar devices & the same carrier plans compare the settings, otherwise consult the carrier's site. I think iTunes also applies carrier settings if you sync it to a Mac/PC.

update to 9.2.1 and now I can't receive Sms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.