Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve deleted text messages

i have accidentally deleted entire text messages from a friend. How do I retrieve those text messages back?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:30 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 9:57 AM in response to patriciafromtownsville

You can look under Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage, and then click on your device to see when the last backup was done. If you backed up to iTunes, then you would open iTunes, and under the iTunes option in the top menu, click on Devices to see what backups you have there.

If you are not aware of making backups, then there is a good possibility that you do not have any. If you do decide to try to restore from a backup, I would recommend that you read the support articles below to familiarize yourself with the concept and the process. Be sure to make a new backup right before your Restore if you go that route, so that if you have any issues, you will have a current backup you can restore from:

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

RESTORE FROM ICLOUD BACKUP

Best of luck,

GB

How do I retrieve deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.