Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone filled up by water

Excuse me,
I want to ask something about this case,

my phone was dropped on the beach 4 days ago and turned off suddenly (but still hot condition after that).
Then I put it on the warm place and let it off till now.
I think my phone can't turned again after that accident, but i try to charge it and it was showed a batteray charging.
After i charge this phone about a hour it won't show again the batteray charging.ange my batteray to prove if my phone can turned on again ? 🙂🙂

Thanks

What must i do, let it turned off or ch

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 4:14 AM

Water, especially salt water, and electronics almost always means disasterous damage to the device. If it won't power on, there is nothing you can do but replace it. It's fried now, and nothing is going to fix that.

6 replies

Feb 9, 2016 4:17 AM in response to BagusDevana

Salt water can cause a lot of damage. Especially when trying to plug the phone into power after the incident.

If you are only concerned about the phone, your best bet is to take it to Apple for an out of warranty replacement.

If your data is more important to you, there are plenty of decent independent repairers around who are good at recovering data. Apple don't offer a data recovery service.

Feb 9, 2016 5:33 AM in response to BagusDevana

BagusDevana wrote:

i have to,

but it takes too long time to fix it.
i need my phone to work and i can't wait to much time about it, 🙂

Apple can give you an out of warranty exchange right there in the store. That's about as quick a "fix" as you could ask for. And you may spend even more money and much more time trying to "repair" salt water damage as many separate parts or components may be damaged. In such an instance, and if the phone is an indispensible device to you, then it makes no sense spending time trying to repair what is essentially a destroyed device.

iPhone filled up by water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.