Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have several devices that use one server but while trying to use Apple TV it stops the movie if others are on the net. My daughter says she thinks it would work better if I had an apple server? Is there such a thing?

I have several devices that use one server but while trying to use Apple TV it stops the movie if others are on the net.

my daughter says there is a Apple server that would be better. Is there such a thing

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 12:14 PM in response to emo8106615

Apple still has a server version of the OS.. there is no actual hardware server anymore.. and I really doubt that your problem is the server.. It is much more limited network bandwidth.

Are you using wireless?

Tell us exactly how this is setup, and how you are streaming etc.

But anything that involves multiple wireless hops is going to cause issues.. eg you stream from iTunes via a computer that connects to the iTunes library on the server via wireless. And the Apple TV is on wireless.. is bound to have issues.. wireless is a shared network and it is poor for streaming time sensitive material.

I have several devices that use one server but while trying to use Apple TV it stops the movie if others are on the net. My daughter says she thinks it would work better if I had an apple server? Is there such a thing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.