Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use airport time capsule on window 8.1 (64bit)? what should i do? software needed? where can i get that?

can i use airport time capsule on window 8.1 (64bit)? what should i do? software needed? where can i get that?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:31 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:39 AM in response to Ye Lin Htun

Are you asking about a "new" Time Capsule?

If yes, that device needs AirPort Utility 6.3.1 or higher on a Mac......or......AirPort Utility for iOS on an iPhone or iPad to set up and administer the Time Capsule.

Once the Time Capsule has been set up to provide a wireless network, a PC should be able to connect to the wireless network.

Unfortunately, if you do have a 'new" Time Capsule, you should not use AirPort Utility for Windows to set up and administer the Time Capsule, since that is not officially supported. Plus, Apple has not updated the PC version of AirPort Utility since Windows 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.