Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone deleting emails by itself?

My iPhone 6s Plus has been deleting emails on its own lately. It did this before then just randomly stopped and now it's started again. When I go to my Mac and check my mail, all of the mails are in my Inbox. But they're still not there in my mail on phone. It's only doing it with one account, my school email through Outlook. My Gmail emails all stay. What could be causing this?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:51 AM

Check this article, depending on your settings and if you are using an IMAP or POP account, mails may be removed from the mail server if downloaded by another device, in your case the Mac, thus having no emails to download or mails getting deleted form the phone if they have been deleted from the mail account on the Mac.

Set up email on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Office Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 10:51 AM in response to dogluvr1996

Check this article, depending on your settings and if you are using an IMAP or POP account, mails may be removed from the mail server if downloaded by another device, in your case the Mac, thus having no emails to download or mails getting deleted form the phone if they have been deleted from the mail account on the Mac.

Set up email on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Office Support

iPhone deleting emails by itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.