Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My split screen does not work on Mac Book Pro with OS EL Capitan that I just downloaded

I have a Mac Book Pro and just updated software to OS EL Capitan. The Split Screen function does not work. I have done some searching and tried the fix mentioned on the internet by going to Mission Control and making certain that Displays have separate spaces is selected, however it is already selected.

Any advice to help me have a functioning split screen would be appreciated.

Thank you,

J

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:25 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:55 AM in response to jgray51

Try this:

Boot the computer into Safe Mode, then restart normally. This will be slower than a normal startup.

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions - El Capitan

Boot to the Recovery HD:

Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears.

Repair

When the recovery menu appears select Disk Utility and press the Continue button. After Disk Utility loads select the indented Macintosh HD entry from the the left side list. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar.. If Disk Utility reports any errors that have been fixed, then re-run First Aid until no errors are reported. Wait until the operation completes, then quit Disk Utility and return to the main menu. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Now, Download and Reinstall OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 Combo Update.

My split screen does not work on Mac Book Pro with OS EL Capitan that I just downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.