Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting new Time,Capsule

Connecting my IMac directly to my ISP gives me a download speed of 300 mbps. Connecting through my new Time Capsule with Airport reduces my speed to just 90 mbps. Ideas? I am stumped.

carlinvalleycity

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:12 AM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 10:25 AM in response to carlfromvalleycity

Connecting my IMac directly to my ISP gives me a download speed of 300 mbps

Got that.....iMac connected directly to the modem is 300 Mbps.

Connecting through my new Time Capsule with Airport reduces my speed to just 90 mbps.

This sounds like you are attempting to check wireless speeds without first checking Ethernet speeds on the Time Capsule. Did you connect your iMac directly to one of the LAN <--> ports using a known, good Ethernet cable.....then, turn off the WiFi on the iMac and check that way?

What was the speed when you checked that way? Or, if you have not done this, now or soon would be a good time to do this. Reason......we cannot troubleshoot a wireless connection without first verifying that wired Ethernet connections are working correctly.

Connecting new Time,Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.