Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only music play

Hi all. I have only speaker icon on Apple TV. I can't see movie, I can only lisen audio. Please help.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:09 PM

Hi,

I had same issue too. After looking around i found my apple tv 3 hasnt updated for a long time and it wont update even after selecting manual update.

I fixed my issue by getting a micro usb cable ( normaly used with camera and android phone for charging) ( make sure to get the one which is used for sync data).

Plugging it into apple tv and connecting it to my computer and restoring apple tv via iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 12:09 PM in response to tishkir

Hi,

I had same issue too. After looking around i found my apple tv 3 hasnt updated for a long time and it wont update even after selecting manual update.

I fixed my issue by getting a micro usb cable ( normaly used with camera and android phone for charging) ( make sure to get the one which is used for sync data).

Plugging it into apple tv and connecting it to my computer and restoring apple tv via iTunes.

Only music play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.