Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win10 did not recognize iOS devices - It was the BIOS!!!

I was having a bad time getting a system to recognize any of my iOS devices. A second identical system worked just fine.

This was a clean Win 10 64 bit install and it still refused to work.

I did all the usual stuff such as uninstalling itunes in the proper order, reinstalling, going to the Apple USB mobil device support to force it to recognize the driver.

The one thing that would not force was the iOS device would never allow me to force the driver under the Portable Devices. No matter what I did, it kept a yellow exclamation point.

Eventually I got recognition in iTunes. It timed out a lot and was very slow to respond. I got it through a backup, but it was just not as it should be.

No matter what, I could never get any iOS device to recognize as a mass storage device or quickly as it should in itunes on the problem system.

After days I narrowed it down to 1 difference between the two systems.

The problem system had an older Bios version (F2 on a Gigabyte P55-UD3R). The working system had (F5 on a Gigabyte P55-UD3R) - I upgraded that once years ago and was scared to attempt it again.

Today I updated the problem computer to the F8 BIOS. As soon as I plugged in the iPhone it went Ding! What do you want to do the iPhone? I did the same thing with an iPad and Ding! Look in the DCIM file all you want!

So for anyone using older hardware (this was 2009 hardware) and cannot connect your iOS device after upgrading to Win10 even after all the reinstall itunes, force recognition of drivers, etc. - as a final step, you may want to look at your Bios.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 11:51 AM

There are no replies.

Win10 did not recognize iOS devices - It was the BIOS!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.