Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 5s overheat quickly and lose battery fast?

My grandmother recently gave me her iphone 5s when she got a new one, but i noticed it gets hot so easily, it really hurts to touch it. and the battery goes down so fast, I was on 100% and 6 minutes later I was down to 83%, and I was just on the settings app. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:46 AM

First, set it back factory settings, without using any backup or 3rd party apps afterwards. Set up the personal details manually and test the battery life.

If the iPhone is still getting too hot, let the phone be tested by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, the problem can be hardware related in this case.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Has the battery been replaced in the past?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:46 AM in response to Gege566

First, set it back factory settings, without using any backup or 3rd party apps afterwards. Set up the personal details manually and test the battery life.

If the iPhone is still getting too hot, let the phone be tested by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, the problem can be hardware related in this case.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Has the battery been replaced in the past?

Why does my iPhone 5s overheat quickly and lose battery fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.