Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problem iphone 6

I am currently having issues with my iPhone 6 wifi connectivity.

It seems to be since I updated to ios 9.2.1, it worked perfect before then.

If i sit right beside my router, iphone connects to wifi automatically, and works fine, ie speeds etc.

As soon as i move 3-5metres away from the router wifi drops to one bar and sub-par speeds.

While in bed, say 15-20 metres away from router it totally disconnects and i cant even find the wifi to even attempt reconnecting.

No other device in my household, including laptops and ipads have any issue with the wifi, even in my bedroom, leading me to believe its my iPhone

I've tried ALL possible resets, iPhone, router, network settings all reset, still the same issue.

Also even been to the genius bar to investigate the issue further, only to be sent away being told diagnostic report says the iPhone is fine

Obviously being in a an apple shop surrounded by wifi, my iPhone will pick it up no problem.

Any other ideas for me to try or even better a fix would be great.

Ps, i've purchased a wifi booster to help with the issue, but even that is a bit patchy in areas.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 11:50 AM

7 replies

Feb 8, 2016 9:33 AM in response to Dazmk7

Dazmk7 wrote:

I am currently having issues with my iPhone 6 wifi connectivity.

It seems to be since I updated to ios 9.2.1, it worked perfect before then.

If i sit right beside my router, iphone connects to wifi automatically, and works fine, ie speeds etc.

As soon as i move 3-5metres away from the router wifi drops to one bar and sub-par speeds.

While in bed, say 15-20 metres away from router it totally disconnects and i cant even find the wifi to even attempt reconnecting.

No other device in my household, including laptops and ipads have any issue with the wifi, even in my bedroom, leading me to believe its my iPhone

I've tried ALL possible resets, iPhone, router, network settings all reset, still the same issue.

Also even been to the genius bar to investigate the issue further, only to be sent away being told diagnostic report says the iPhone is fine

Obviously being in a an apple shop surrounded by wifi, my iPhone will pick it up no problem.

Any other ideas for me to try or even better a fix would be great.

Ps, i've purchased a wifi booster to help with the issue, but even that is a bit patchy in areas.

Are you connecting to a 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz Wi-fi? Does this only affect your home Wi-Fi, or does this happen when using any public or work Wi-fi?

Feb 8, 2016 9:43 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

2.4Ghz, when i change to 5Ghz, most of my other devices wont support this, so have to stay on 2.4Ghz, which was not an issue a couple of weeks ago with iPhone

Happens in other places, i was at my partners place last week, and again wifi not available in certain places, apart from beside her router, same issue basically as my house

thanks for the response.

Feb 8, 2016 9:53 AM in response to Dazmk7

A restore is not a reset, that is why I advised you about the two restores. I read all of your post. Is there anything in your home that could be interfering with your 2.4Ghz network? There are things that can do that. have you tried relocating the router? If the troubleshooting does not help, then you can wait to see if anyone else responds to your post, or you can contact Apple Support. Since you seem displeased with your Genius Bar appointment, then call Apple Support and arrange to send the device in for service. Those are the choices. Of course, since it is your device, I guess you do have the option to throw it off the way, your choice.

Wifi problem iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.