Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have been locked out of my apple id on my i pad and have changed the password as recommended and my i pad still will not accept any new passwords

HI after doing an update on my ipad i was asked to enter my apple id password that i had forgotten after entering a few i remembered i was locked out of my apple id account i then went through all the recomendations to change my password and sucsessfully changed it however my ipad will still not accept my new passwork please help !!

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:04 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 12:13 PM in response to gail from maine

When ever i go in my setting it pops up and asks for me to enter my apple id password then i enter it and it says i have been locked out of my account then to follow instructions to unlock it that is just to change the password and i do and then when i enter the new password it just repets that i am locked out and need to follow instructions to change password

thank you for replying

Feb 7, 2016 3:07 PM in response to Rach147

Have you made sure that you have signed out of all of your apps like the iTunes & App Store, FaceTime, Messages, etc. and then signed back in again?

You can also try resetting your device (nothing will be lost): hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the Slide to Unlock screen displays, see if the issue is resolved.

If you continue to have issues, you can contact Apple Support to see if they can help:

ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

Best of luck,

GB

Have been locked out of my apple id on my i pad and have changed the password as recommended and my i pad still will not accept any new passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.