Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple planning to give back the free Radio listening? I miss my radio stations. I have temporarily switched back to Pandora.

Why did Apple start charging for the radio? $9 a month is quite expensive.

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:21 PM

21 replies

Feb 17, 2016 8:34 AM in response to mgoglia

Owning an Apple computer does not automatically mean you get free music, you bought a computer. I know it is hard going from something you are used to getting for free to no longer getting it for free but given what you were paying for the service ($0) you can't really complain. 🙂 I know when the guy two doors down who blows the snow for the whole block changes his mind and stops doing it I will be very disappointed, but I can't really complain to him. 😉

Feb 17, 2016 10:15 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Apple has ± $200,000,000,000 (that's 200 billion, or 200,000 million, dollars) in cash reserves. At what point is a company rich enough to give back a little? Capitalism looks much different for those at the bottom of the economic pyramid, especially when it is exercised without gratitude, generosity or conscience. P.S. to Roger: I've appreciated your help over the years when I was learning my way around Macs. Thanks. David

Feb 23, 2016 5:23 PM in response to dmsmd1

I created a few stations on iTunes radio recently and had started to question my sanity when I could no longer find them and then I came across this post. I must admit that I knew nothing of Apples plan to start charging for what I thought was my solution to using Pandora through my blu-ray player.

I now know why that when I click on the arrow to begin playing one of my stations on my Mac, a box opens saying Get On Our Wavelength and asks me to join Apple Music! Thank you for the update!

But I now have another issue. I would like to turn on Internet but I cannot find General Preferences.

Is Apple planning to give back the free Radio listening? I miss my radio stations. I have temporarily switched back to Pandora.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.