Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to administration account

I can't log in to my administration(Admin) account and even i use my icloud password it doesn't let me in please help here!!!

MacBook Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:39 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 12:50 PM in response to Prince_of_Goldbox

Forgot Your Account Password

For Lion, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks

Boot to the Recovery HD:

Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears.

When the menubar appears select Terminal from the Utilities menu.

Enter resetpassword at the prompt and press RETURN. Follow

instructions in the dialog window that will appear.

Or see:

Reset a Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Password

OS X Mountain Lion- Reset a login password,

OS X Mavericks- Solve password problems,

OS X Lion- Apple ID can be used to reset your user account password.

For Snow Leopard and earlier with installer DVD

Mac OS X 10.6- If you forget your administrator password,

OS X- Changing or resetting an account password (Snow Leopard and earlier).

For Snow Leopard and earlier without installer DVD

How to reset your Mac OS X password without an installer disc | MacYourself

Reset OS X Password Without an OS X CD — Tech News and Analysis

How To Create A New Administrator Account - Hack Mac

Feb 7, 2016 12:59 PM in response to Prince_of_Goldbox

Sort of not sure where to go, so here are a couple of things that may help you:

Restore Admin Privileges

This procedure should restore admin privileges to an account that has lost those privileges. This procedure is only needed if you don’t have another account that has admin privileges.

Section One

Boot Using Command+R keys:

1. Restart the computer.

2. Immediately after the chime press and hold down the

"COMMAND" and the "R" keys together.

3. Release the keys when the Utilities Menu appears.

If you use FileVault 2 then open Disk Utility, select the protected volume and click on the Unlock button in the toolbar. You will be asked for your admin password. Quit Disk Utility.

Open Terminal from the Utilities menu in the main menubar. At the prompt enter the following command:

resetpassword

Press RETURN.

A window opens to Reset Password. Select your startup volume. From the menu labeled Select the user account select System Administrator (root). Follow the prompts for setting a password. Be sure you write down the new password so you don’t forget it.

Now, from the menubar select the Restart… option.

Section Two

If you are using FileVault then log in as usual, then select Log Out… From the menubar or press SHIFT-COMMAND-Q. Don’t RESTART. You will be returned to the Login screen.

At the login screen click Other… Enter root in the Name field. Enter the password you set up from Section One in the Password field. This should have you logged in as the “root” user. While in “root” be careful what you type or enter. Carefully follow these instructions.

Open Users & Groups preferences panel. Select your normal administrator account from the list of users and check the box labeled, Allow user to administer this computer. You will be prompted to restart. After the login window appears log in as yourself—not as root.

Your administrator status should now be restored.

Section Three

You should disable the root user if you enabled it. Follow the instructions in OS X Mountain Lion- Enable and disable the root user under the heading, “Disable the root user.” You will be asked to authenticate in Directory Utility as root with the password you set in the first section. The linked article also works in Mountain Lion and Yosemite.

Can't login to administration account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.