Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a second ipad. I want to sync it to my computer using iTunes. no problem with my ipad2. iTunes doesn't see the new ipad 4th gen. I can use the new ipad with windows explorer and my computer. what do I need to do to be able to have iTunes s

I just got a second ipad. I want to sync it to my computer using iTunes. no problem with my ipad2. iTunes doesn't see the new ipad 4th gen. I can use the new ipad with windows explorer and my computer. what do I need to do to be able to have iTunes see the new ipad so I can sync and backup the new one as welol as the ipad2?

I have the latest iTunes. computer see both ipads. iTunes just wont recognize the ipad 4th gen.

I was wondering if I should uninstall iTunes and reinstall.

I have iTunes on a 32 bit computer that recognizes the ipad 4th gen

my 64 bit computer sees the ipad 4th gen but the iTunes on that computer doesn't.

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, Just received

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:04 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 1:36 PM in response to gail from maine

yes I have the current iTunes 12.3.2.35 on both computers. I can access both ipads in windows explorer using both computers. the main computer I use is 64 bit. my other computer is 32 bit. the 64 bit iTunes 12.3.2.35 doesn't recognize the ipad 4th gen. the 32 bit iTunes 12.3.2.35 recognizes both ipads. I even repaired the 64 bit iTunes 12.3.2.35 and the usb driver version 9.1.0.6. the 64 bit version still doesn't recognize the ipad 4th gen but will recognize the ipad2. really just makes me shake my head. I build and configure computers. I troubleshoot problems for ppl all the time. I know what im doing, so please just assume I have the latest software. thank you for reading and replying.

I just got a second ipad. I want to sync it to my computer using iTunes. no problem with my ipad2. iTunes doesn't see the new ipad 4th gen. I can use the new ipad with windows explorer and my computer. what do I need to do to be able to have iTunes s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.