Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac screen removal and use Apple TV

I have to send my 2011 iMac screen for repair. I would like to use my Apple TV to mirror my iMac screen {no LCD screen installed) to a HD TV while my screen is out for repair. Is this possible? Or no because I would have to be able to see "Air Play" on my imac to make this happen and with no screen not possible?

If no this cant be done then what about purchasing a mini port to HDMI cable and running "mirror" to a HDTV with the LCD iMac screen removed?

Basically dont want to be down while the screen is out for repair

Thanks

Mike

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:09 PM

7 replies

Feb 7, 2016 4:26 PM in response to SeaPapp

If the display is totally removed that is the LCD thermal sensor - display date cable - led backlight cable - vertical sync cable the unit will see not lcd is connected and send video out the mini port. Ive worked on iMacs in just this way. When replacing a power supply unit for ex we would connect the mini port to a monitor and turn the unit on and verify before putting everything back together.

Imac screen removal and use Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.