Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 - There was an error connecting to icloud

Hi,

I Just updated my ipad2 from ios 8.x to ios 9.2.1 because an app required a higher version of ios.

I so regret doing this, as the ipad worked fine before.

During the initial setup of the ipad after the upgrade, it fails on the "Apple ID" section.

I.e i type in my username and password, and after about 1 minute i get "Could Not Sign in - There was an error connecting to iCloud."

I have erased the ipad from iTunes, I have erased the iPad from the iPad itself, i have erased all network settings, i have restored it from 2 different itunes backups, i have choosen "new ipad setup", nothing helps, it still fails at this stage!

I also have an iPhone, where i use the same account, this works fine, i can login to iCloud, AppStore, iTunes etc, so no problem with the account.

What do i do?, whats left to try?

Best Regards

Patric

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2017 2:58 PM

This is still happening, and took an awfully long time to figure out. For me it was 3 apple devices that had various odd issues, which I eventually tracked to icloud authorization. Those 3 devices could get to appleid.apple.com, but not to https://www.icloud.com. And it was device specific -- other devices using the same apple id's worked. Would have been nice to have found this a lot sooner! (I only had 3 devices configured for AiProtect... And it's "adult" not p2p that is the culprit.)

I have an open case with Asus alerting them to this, so hopefully they can clean up the data feed.

/Sean

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2017 2:58 PM in response to mrpg99

This is still happening, and took an awfully long time to figure out. For me it was 3 apple devices that had various odd issues, which I eventually tracked to icloud authorization. Those 3 devices could get to appleid.apple.com, but not to https://www.icloud.com. And it was device specific -- other devices using the same apple id's worked. Would have been nice to have found this a lot sooner! (I only had 3 devices configured for AiProtect... And it's "adult" not p2p that is the culprit.)

I have an open case with Asus alerting them to this, so hopefully they can clean up the data feed.

/Sean

Ipad2 - There was an error connecting to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.