Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an empty box from Apple to ship my Time Capsule in for repair. I didn't get a repair ID so I'm unable to track its status. No help so far from calling support and no feedback yet. What do I do?

I contacted Apple Support for the first time in October 2015 and the representative that attended to me was unable provide a solution to the issue with my Time Capsule and Apple TV. I was then asked to ship my devices in for repair. After providing my shipping address to the representative, the call disconnected.

I received two empty boxes two days later from Apple and decided to ship the devices in for repair. Since this was my first time of going through support, I didn't know the process required me to have a repair ID and since the rep I spoke to didn't mention a repair ID before the call disconnected, I didn't know I was supposed to have one.

I haven't received any feedback yet from Apple and since I didn't get a repair ID, I'm unable to track the status of my device. I've called Apple Support but they've not been helpful so far because I don't have a repair ID.

The only information I have for my devices are the serial numbers and the tracking number used to ship the items in for repair. What do I do?

Any help on how to resolve this is appreciated.

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:39 PM

You have posted on a user-to-user forum, and as you know.....we are all users here, just like you.

The answers that you require will need to come from Apple. Unfortunately, they will not respond here on a user-to-user forum.

My advice would be to get in touch with Apple Support and ask for a manager to get involved with your issue. Write down his/her name, the date that you spoke with him/her and how you can reach them directly in the future, along with a few notes to document the conversation.

Here, I assume that you have copies of the tracking documents that indicate the date that Apple received the devices for repair. It would be a good idea to scan these documents into a PDF file that you could email to the Apple manager with whom you speak.

Ask the manager to follow up with you when he has researched the status of the repair items along with an estimated completion date.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 12:39 PM in response to lukedalu

You have posted on a user-to-user forum, and as you know.....we are all users here, just like you.

The answers that you require will need to come from Apple. Unfortunately, they will not respond here on a user-to-user forum.

My advice would be to get in touch with Apple Support and ask for a manager to get involved with your issue. Write down his/her name, the date that you spoke with him/her and how you can reach them directly in the future, along with a few notes to document the conversation.

Here, I assume that you have copies of the tracking documents that indicate the date that Apple received the devices for repair. It would be a good idea to scan these documents into a PDF file that you could email to the Apple manager with whom you speak.

Ask the manager to follow up with you when he has researched the status of the repair items along with an estimated completion date.

Good luck.

Feb 7, 2016 6:08 PM in response to lukedalu

lukedalu wrote:

I didn't know the process required me to have a repair ID and since the rep I spoke to didn't

If you supplied your Apple ID with your repair order, perhaps you can view its status by logging in here and using the “View My Repairs” option:

https://checkrepair.apple.com/

Otherwise I think you'll need to follow the previous respondent’s advice and hope Apple can track the order down on the basis of your shipping information.

I received an empty box from Apple to ship my Time Capsule in for repair. I didn't get a repair ID so I'm unable to track its status. No help so far from calling support and no feedback yet. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.