Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get this error message when I try to sync my iphone 6 with itunes on my windows computer: "You cannot open the application 'itunes' becasue another user has it open. Ask the other user to quit the application, then try again." How do I do that?

I get this message when I try to sync my iphone 6 with my windows computer. It used to sync, no problem.

"You cannot open the application 'itunes' because another user has it open. Ask the other user to quit the application, then try again." I assume it's my husband's iphone 5s, but I don't know how to turn it off. Please help!

iphone6s

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:29 PM

1 reply

I get this error message when I try to sync my iphone 6 with itunes on my windows computer: "You cannot open the application 'itunes' becasue another user has it open. Ask the other user to quit the application, then try again." How do I do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.