Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crackling and popping audio when using Garageband 10.1?

Hello,

I have recently come upon an issue when recording into Garageband 10.1.0. I record a podcast into garageband and have been getting audio issues while both recording and playing back audio. Here is a list of my set up so I can provide some context to my current problem. I record into GarageBand 10.1.0 using:

-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface

-Mackie 1202VLZ4 mixer

-Skype (for caller interviews)

When I initially set up my equipment, that is, the Focusrite Audio Interface and the Mackie 1202VLZ4 mixer and configure my Audio/MIDI settings in Garageband (Input = Scarlett 2i2) everything works fine. Great audio quality while both recording and when playing it back. However, once I log onto Skype, bring in a caller, and begin recording i get bad crackling and popping in the audio. I am not sure why this. It only happens when I log onto Skype and bring a caller in and start recording in garageband.

I have not tried any troubleshooting quite frankly because I do not know where to begin. The audio recording resolution of Garageband and the Scarlett 2i2 is 24-bit. I do not know what could be causing the crackling and popping. Driver issue? Is it something wrong with Garageband, the Audio Interface, or Skype?

How do I get rid of the crackling and popping noises from the audio?

Specs

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Operating System

OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Garageband

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:01 PM

There are no replies.

crackling and popping audio when using Garageband 10.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.