Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found an iPhone and really want to return it to the original owner

I found an iPhone a few months ago and have tried unsuccessfully to return it to the original owner, how do I do this? Any suggestions would be helpful.

iPhone 4S, It's black

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:15 PM

There is nothing you can do. If the device is online, then the original owner can put it into Lost Mode and send a message with Contact information. If they do not do that, then you have no way to find out who the owner is. Turn it in to the police.

Cheers,

GB

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 12:17 PM in response to gail from maine

Thanks very much, Gail, the only thing is I found it in Amsterdamn, asked everyone around if it was theirs and no claimed it. I then put it in my backpack to hand it in over there and forgot about it and brought it home...to Scotland. Someone somewhere must be missing it, they will have photos etc on it, it was at the Amsterdamn Dance Event back in October. I just found it again at home and thought perhaps smeone at Apple may know. Thanks again though for your response

I found an iPhone and really want to return it to the original owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.