Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay from Macbook pro to apple tv is slow - Solution

I faced this issue where airplay from macbook pro to my apple tv is slow where as it works perfectly fine when I airplay from my iphone to apple tv. After reading many discussion forums and youtube videso I finally found a solution. Hope this helps others.

1) Select any video and airplay to apple tv. Let it play even if it is slow while you do the below steps.

2) Press Command+Space on your macbook pro. It opens Spotlight search.

3) Search for "activity monitor" and press enter. It opens "Activity Monitor".

4) Now, there is a search option on the right side of "activity monitor". Search for "Core". After typing "Core", you should be able to see something like "coreaudiod".

5) If you are facing an issue with Airplay from macbook pro to apple tv, you should see the %CPU for "coreaudiod" in 100's or 200's.

6) Now, click "coreaudiod" and select "X" on the left side of the page and select quit. It should quit "coreaudiod" and airplay.

7) Now, play the video file again and airplay to apple tv. This time "coreaudiod" %CPU should be in minimal numbers and the issue with airplay should be resolved.

I followed the same process and my issue is resolved. Hope this helps you.

MacBook Pro, null

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:38 PM

There are no replies.

Airplay from Macbook pro to apple tv is slow - Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.