Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a .fcpbundle be re-constructed? Archive issue:

I archived a FCPX project last year and I don't think I did it correctly. It appears that I selected the .fcpbundle file and "showed package contents" and then copied all those contents onto my external hard drive for storage.

Now, I'd like to open those files back up. Is that possible?

I've got the following inside my folder:

CurrentVersion.fcpevent (file)

Original Media (folder)

Render Files (folder)

Shared Items (folder)

[event/project name] (folder) with another "CurrentVersion.fcpevent" file inside.

Is it possible to reconstruct my .fcpbundle file or open these files in some way?

thanks

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 6:44 PM

No, you should have archived the complete library. An interesting question though. If you create a new empty library and can copy everything that was in the original library (render files can be omitted) into it with the correct directory structure I would expect that it would be recognised.

However, you don't list the CurrentVersion.flexolibrary file which is the library database - rather important!. If you don't have this I doubt it would work.

The library should contain this at the top level then there needs to be a folder for each event. Each event folder contains its CurrentVersion.fcpevent file, an Original Media folder and a folder for each project. Project folders each contain another CurrentVersion.fcpevent database file. As far as I am aware FCP X library details are Apple proprietary and not published so I don't think any lower level rebuilding is possible.

Geoff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 6:44 PM in response to Teenbeat

No, you should have archived the complete library. An interesting question though. If you create a new empty library and can copy everything that was in the original library (render files can be omitted) into it with the correct directory structure I would expect that it would be recognised.

However, you don't list the CurrentVersion.flexolibrary file which is the library database - rather important!. If you don't have this I doubt it would work.

The library should contain this at the top level then there needs to be a folder for each event. Each event folder contains its CurrentVersion.fcpevent file, an Original Media folder and a folder for each project. Project folders each contain another CurrentVersion.fcpevent database file. As far as I am aware FCP X library details are Apple proprietary and not published so I don't think any lower level rebuilding is possible.

Geoff.

Can a .fcpbundle be re-constructed? Archive issue:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.