Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate tracks on one audio file

Separate tracks on one audio file- I have a concert that I would like to separate each track and name. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Working for hours and getting sad....😟

Thanks,

Cindy

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

iTunes 12.3.2

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 2:17 PM

I have had success doing something like this:

Foe each separate track and name you desire, perform the following sequence of steps:

• Create a new file within iTunes to contain this track. One way to do so is to control-click on the original track, and choose "Create AAC Version".
  • Control click on this new file, and choose "Get Info". Go to the "Options" tab. Set the "Start" and "Stop" times on that tab to match the start and stop times of the segment you wish to keep from the original audio file.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 2:17 PM in response to baronvoncindy

I have had success doing something like this:

Foe each separate track and name you desire, perform the following sequence of steps:

• Create a new file within iTunes to contain this track. One way to do so is to control-click on the original track, and choose "Create AAC Version".
  • Control click on this new file, and choose "Get Info". Go to the "Options" tab. Set the "Start" and "Stop" times on that tab to match the start and stop times of the segment you wish to keep from the original audio file.

Feb 7, 2016 8:54 PM in response to baronvoncindy

iTunes' editing properties are primitive at best. It is not intended to be an editor. You need to tell us the format of your starting file. If it is a lossy format such as mp3 or aac/m4a you are better off not re-encoding the file to aac/mp3 again as each time you do this you lose quality. There are lossless editors for splitting lossy codec files. If you are starting off with AIFF you can use Garageband or Audacity.

Separate tracks on one audio file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.