Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating an iPad that was never updated

I received a perfect condition iPad 2 from 2011 that unfortunately was never updated. After switching it over to my account it called to be updated, which wasn't working and then restored, also not working. I took it in to the Apple Store and they said there is nothing that can be done when you go to long without updating and they don't have older updates that they could start from and work up to new and that I have to buy a new one. Really??? Right now the iPad just has a locked screen with a picture of a plug saying to plug it into iTunes but won't do anything. Any suggestions?? I think that's absolutely ridiculous of Apple. i must be able to get ahold of old updates, that it will take and be able to start from there???

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 5:06 AM in response to rmfrommf

rmfrommf wrote:

Any suggestions??

Follow the standard troubleshooting steps outlined in the user guide.

I think that's absolutely ridiculous of Apple.

That's nice, but these are user to user forums. You are not talking to Apple by posting here.

i must be able to get ahold of old updates, that it will take and be able to start from there???

I took it in to the Apple Store and they said there is nothing that can be done when you go to long without updating

No. You can only update right to iOS 9.2.1 What they told you was a load of hooey.

Updating an iPad that was never updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.